Springboard Supported Learning
Our Supported Learning department offers an extensive range of courses for adults with learning disabilities. Courses are split into three areas:
- Independent Living & Community Participation
- Essential Maths, English & Employability Skills
- Independent living and community participation
– including; Photography Beginners, Exploring Skills, Self-Awareness, Healthy Eating, Street Sense for Safety, Sport, Relaxation for Wellbeing, Design your own Living Space, Healthy Eating: Preparing and Cooking, Managing Money. Some of these courses are eligible for concessions.
- Employability – Employability from preparation Beginners through to higher lever Advanced – including; Reading and Writing, Photography, Science Experiments, Develop your ICT Skills, Finding your Voice for Confidence, Beauty Skills, Male & Female Grooming Techniques, Work Skills, Catering, Food Hygiene, Number Skills. These courses are government funded and subject to concessions which may entitle you to pay a £0.00 fee.
- Enrichment – including; Music, Arts and Crafts Workshop, Pottery, Sensory Art, Dance, Singing for Wellbeing, Seated Exercise, Fabric and Craft and Yoga. Some of these courses are eligible for concessions. Where there are no concessions available we have made the courses termly to spread out the payments over the year.
Students can choose courses from 1, 2 or all 3 pathways. Each student will be asked to complete an initial assessment before choosing their courses to ensure that the courses suit their individual needs.
To enrol on any Supported Learning course, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org orcall 020 8289 4700 to arrange an initial assessment and interview.
Supported Learning Courses for 2020/21 Include:
- Sensory Art
- Making Positive Differences in the Community
- Photography including Media
- Exploring Skills
- Beauty Skills, Male & Female Grooming Techniques
- English Skills through Theatre & Film
- Half Term Workshops