12 July 2011 – Regional Conversation Meeting
Today, SCOLA’s Principal, Saboohi Famili, attended the second phase of the regional conversation meetings conducted by Rob Wye, LSIS Chief Executive. This event took place at the College of Haringey, Enfield and North London, Tottenham centre.
The purpose of the regional conversation meeting was to ensure that the LSIS strategic plan provides a robust and balanced statement of priorities for services, support and research and is properly informed by and commands real support from the LSIS Council, and from the sector. LSIS is looking at five broad areas of activity for future investment:
• improving teaching and learning;
• improving capacity for curriculum design and development;
• turning policy into practice;
• enhancing leadership, governance and management; and
• doing more with less money.
This was an informal opportunity to discuss the role of LSIS at national level and across the region.