Sutton College has a long-standing reputation as an excellent provider of Teacher Training, Supporting Teaching & Learning and Child Development courses. Many students use their studies with the college alongside kick starting successful careers.
Our dedicated, highly professional and experienced team of tutors are current practitioners in their field with all the latest knowledge.
Our suite of initial and further qualifications in teaching adults, including the Award in Education and Training (AET), offer excellent opportunities for progression and professional development.
We have a fantastic introduction into a career in Childcare with our NCFE CACHE courses from our Level 1 Introduction to Early Years Settings right up to the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification plus a ‘How To Set Up A Home-Based Childcare Service course’. Experienced tutors and assessors with excellent success rates will support and guide you along the way.
Our one day courses enrich many of the topics covered in our Teaching, TA and childcare qualification courses and have proven very popular.
Teaching, TAs & Childcare Courses for 2018/19 Include:
• City and Guilds – Award in Education and Training (AET)
City and Guilds – Certificate in Education and Training (CET)
• City and Guilds – Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2
• City and Guilds – Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 3
• City and Guilds – Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 3 (Flexible Learning
• NCFE CACHE -Early Years Education & Care Introduction Level 2 Certificate
• NCFE Cache – Early Years Educator Level 3 Diploma (Flexible Learning)
• NCFE CACHE – Early Years Settings Introduction Level 1 Award
One day courses include:
• ADHD Workshop for Parents & Teaching Assistants
• Autism Workshop for Parents & Teaching Assistants – Part 1
• Autism Workshop for Parents & Teaching Assistants – Part 2
• Managing Classroom Behaviour for Parents & Teaching Assistants
• Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) – Workshop for Teachers & TAs
• One to One Individual & Small Group Tuition (Training & Support)
• Phonics Workshop for Teaching Assistants & Parents
• ‘So you want to be a Teaching Assistant?’
• Safeguarding Children